Please consider keeping your money right here in Yuma and helping local organizations. Both the federal and the Arizona individual income tax filing deadlines have been moved to July 15th for the 2019 tax year due to COVID-19. Although the filing deadline has moved, the deadline to contribute to qualifying organizations to claim a dollar-for-dollar 2019 Arizona tax credit remains April 15th.
Here is a list of the different Arizona credits, their limits, and local organizations that qualify:
2019 Arizona Tax Credits – Maximum Contribution for Married Filing Jointly (Other Status)
- Private School Tax Credit: Maximum $2,269 ($1,135):
- School Tuition Association of Yuma (STAY): https://bit.ly/2GlOEo8
- Foster Care Tax Credit: Maximum $1,000 ($500):
- Arizona Baptist Children’s Services: https://bit.ly/3aoi3cb
- Qualified Charitable Organization: Maximum $800 ($400):